On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Mark S Lowe wrote:

> It would seem after many attempts to get anything of any level of
> complexity running in mod_perl under OSX, that perhaps it canąt be
> done. I have libraries that work fine in the normal cgi-bin, but
> constantly produce 500 server errors when running from my mod_perl
> mod-cgi bin. I can get little hello worlds running fine, but the
> second I try to access various built-in libraries, just the łuse˛
> statement cases fatal errors.

Adding this line to your httpd.conf may help you:

  PerlHeaderParserHandler "sub { tie *STDOUT, 'Apache' unless tied *STDOUT; }"

Details: <http://devers.homeip.net:8080/blog/archives/000064.html>

This seems to have fixed the problems I was having getting some mod_perl
applications (Apache::MP3, etc) to work.

--
Chris Devers