On Nov 10, 2004, at 6:44 PM, Chris Nandor wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Sherm Pendley) wrote:

That won't *always* work, but it should work in this case, as the Perl
you're using is the same major version (5.8.x) and architecture
(darwin-thread-multi-2level) as the one for which the module was
compiled.

So what do we do if it is not? :-) Any ideas? Is the source for PerlObjCBridge available?

I don't know - the developer at Apple (whose name I forget, sorry) said something about trying to release it by way of Darwin some time ago. But I won't see it at opendarwin.org, so I don't know if that got anywhere.

  Could it use CamelBones instead ... ?  I saw it
has a Carbon API too, I think, so maybe I could use that ...

CB wraps all Objective-C classes that are registered at startup, and any loaded with NSBundle methods. I haven't tested it, but after a quick look at the Objective-C interface for growl, it looks like there's a good chance of that working with CB. Perl wrappers are generated automatically, by querying the ObjC runtime for a list of registered classes, so it shouldn't even need a separate wrapper - just fire off the notifications.

The current release of CB only works in .app bundles, but the latest CVS version also works in plain ol' scripts. CVS also has most of the heavy lifting that's needed for CoreFoundation support, too.

sherm--