On Nov 17, 2004, at 3:38 AM, Phil Dobbin wrote:

On 16/11/2004 @ 02:32 GMT, Ken Williams, [EMAIL PROTECTED], wrote:

On Nov 16, 2004, at 3:47 PM, Phil Dobbin wrote:

I need to step back a version in a module compliled from source (from
v.3.0 -> v.2.0).

What's the best way to go about this (again compiling from source
rather than cpan)?

* The best way to do this is to have a backup of the previous system with v.2.0 installed, and revert to the backup.

[snip excellent advice]

My bad. I explained things very poorly. I've mistakenly installed v.3.0 of a module when the I should've installed v.2.0 (the particular script I'm trying to run will not work with v.3.0). So I need to expunge/override 3.0 and get the script to use v.2.0 which I haven't yet installed.

Oh. =) In that case, removing based on the packlist is probably fairly reasonable (using a package manager would still be preferable, but admittedly almost nobody does that for installing perl modules).

To see which files were installed as part of a certain module installation, you can use the following one-liner:

perl -MExtUtils::Installed -le 'print foreach ExtUtils::Installed->new->files("Foo::Bar")'

where Foo::Bar is the name of your module. Then you can remove all those files with 'sudo rm -f'.

-Ken