--- Bruce Van Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For your use, what you especially want to get from
> this example is the use of the Perl character "\b",
> which outside of regular expressions means "
> backspace". The point is to print "\b" the same
> number of times as the number of characters you
> want to back up before printing the updated output.

Just an FYI if using this process (print
"\b"x$length), it's frequently good to put a sleep(1)
in there. Otherwise I've found that some glitchiness
can occour (with things not being completely deleted
before printing starts and vice-versa). I haven't
tested the specific code given which may be better
than a similar thing I have used, and sleep() may not
suit your purposes, but just figured I'd give a heads
up.

live well,
~wren