At 9:34 pm -0800 20/1/05, Chris Nandor wrote:

I think the only thing it cannot do that BBEdit does -- from what I can tell
-- is that it doesn't talk directly to Affrus (the perl debugger for Mac OS
X), like BBEdit can.

There is an option in Preferences/UNIX scripting to use Affrus for debugging.

If you've always liked BBEdit for perl development, but didn't want to buy
it, then now's your chance.

I downloaded TW just over a week ago and have practically lived in it ever since. I very rarely get hooked on a piece of software and I have found BBEdit over the years rather unsatisfactory and behind the times. Now with BBE 8 and TextWrangler at last handling Unicode properly I am delighted with them. TW 2.0 is brilliant.