On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 10:09:07AM -0500, Jay wrote:

> What I do, that works very well, is to use perl to format data as
> LaTeX documents and then use pdflatex or TeXshop's visual editor to
> render the pdfs.  You can even just drop a "system('pfdlatex')" at the
> end of the perl script.  If you don't already know LaTeX, you can
> learn enough for this project in the time it takes to download
> TeXshop, or the LaTeX binaries from fink or ports.

I'll second that.  Using LaTeX you'll get damned fine looking documents
too.

I used to use Lyx to generate outline documents, which I then edited to
put my content in, so I had a template for an invoice, a template for my
CV, a template for ...

I see the perl Template Toolkit being quite useful for this if you want
to automate it.

    Some people grow out of the petty theft of childhood.
    Others go on to become CEOs and politicians.