Hi,

I am new to perl on Max OS X.I used to use perl on Windows. I just got a new Dual G5 last week. I just tried to install the RTF::TEXT::Converter
module using the following command:

perl -MCPAN -e 'install RTF::TEXT::Converter'

I got the following error, the file perl.h is not there. The only file in the directory is libperl.dylib. What can I do? I don't want to do "please build and install your perl from a fresh perl distribution." if possible.

ted zeng
====== error message
  CPAN.pm: Going to build P/PV/PVERD/RTF-Parser-1.07.tar.gz

Error: Unable to locate installed Perl libraries or Perl source code.

It is recommended that you install perl in a standard location before
building extensions. Some precompiled versions of perl do not contain
these header files, so you cannot build extensions. In such a case,
please build and install your perl from a fresh perl distribution. It
usually solves this kind of problem.

(You get this message, because MakeMaker could not find "/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/perl.h")
Running make test
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install