Which is why the location shows up in your saved file. MIME e-mail
allows additional sets of headers for attachments by including
boundaries, etc. but to my knowledge there is no way to do that over HTTP.

I've dug into what look like specifications for MIME over HTTP, but I've never been able to get it to work.

I have come to the conclusion that I should expect it to turn out to be another of those things that hasn't yet been implemented by anybody, except possibly in highly proprietary client/server implementations that nobody has ever seen. Definitely not in Moz or aIEeee.

Which leaves us with such work arounds as offering several links and hoping the user clicks all the links he wants (as Peter mentions), or feeding the user ECMAscript with events and timers and stuff that cause the user's browser to virtually click the links (per Wiggins's comments).

I've never been able to reliably produce a truly invisible frame in all the browsers. I think it's one of those areas where someone is trying to prevent the inherent security issues without really preventing them. One pixel wide frames just look cheap, not especially suspicious.

--
Joel Rees
Re-inventing the wheel --