Hello,

This is the first message that I send to this mailing list. I tried to find something related in the archive, but couldn't find anything.

I used to use Perl scripts to do my ftp operations. Here is an example of the scripts:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Net::FTP;

$domain = "ftp.netscape.com";
$account = "anonymous";
$password = "";
$path = "pub/";

$ftp = Net::FTP->new($domain, Debug => 0)
         or die "Cannot connect to $domain: $@";

$ftp->login($account, $password)
         or die "Cannot login ", $ftp->message;

my @res;
@res = $ftp->ls($path);

foreach $i (0 .. $#res) {
    print $res[$i], "\n";
}

$ftp->quit;

These scripts used to work on Panther, but since I upgraded to Tiger, they no longer work. It seems that I can log in to the ftp server, but after that, nothing happens, and I get the time-out error. I am certainly doing something wrong.

I would appreciate very much any help.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Nobumi Iyanaga