It seems like my initial panic yesterday wasn't justified. Apple intends to provide a "fat" Perl, and it won't be all that hard to build "fat" XS modules. Libffcall might be a bit of a problem, but it's a problem that's shared by a *lot* of other people too, meaning it'll certainly be solved sooner or later. If worse comes to worst, I might have to switch to libffi - rather tedious, but hardly fatal.

Basically, I just need to be patient and wait. The pieces I need to build a "fat" CamelBones aren't there yet, but they will be, and I won't need them for quite a while yet anyway. There's time.

sherm--