2005-07-07 (木) の 10:56 -0500 に Ken Williams さんは書きました:
> On Jul 7, 2005, at 5:57 AM, Joel Rees wrote:
>
> > Just accepted all the defaults.
> >
> >     sudo make
> >
> > gave one error:
> >
> >     [...]
> >     cc -L/usr/local/lib -force_flat_namespace -o miniperl \
> >         miniperlmain.o opmini.o libperl.a -ldl -lm -lc
> >     ./miniperl -w -Ilib -MExporter -e '<?>' || make minitest
> >     make: [extra.pods] Error 1 (ignored)
> >     [...]
> >
> > and
> >
> >     make test
>
> You shouldn't run "sudo make" and then "make test" without sudo.

Heh. I was in a hurry last night, didn't watch what I was copying from
the saved text. I did indeed try to make test without the sudo first,
but I figured that out immediately.

>   The
> first step may create items that the second step can't deal with.
>
> In general the only step that you should use sudo for is "sudo make
> install".  All previous steps should be done as your regular
> non-privileged user.

Well, I have the thing in the admin user's local directory, where I
would expect there should be even less problem, and make still wouldn't
run without sudo. I wonder why.

>   -Ken

Anyway, I should be able to just install it, then?

Thanks,

Joel