Oh. I should say thanks, Bill. I tried it again and it worked this time.

On 平成 17/09/01, at 1:54, Bill Stephenson wrote:

On Aug 31, 2005, at 9:49 AM, Joel Rees wrote:

anyone besides me having trouble accessing the mirrors?

Yeah, I had something very similar happen to me last week. I can't remember for sure how I got it working but I think it prompted me to edit or add a valid cpan mirror to download modules from. I went to http://cpan.org/SITES.html and copy and pasted a url from the list of sites and it worked after that.

Used ping and the traceroute tool in the GUI network utility to figure out that all the Japanese mirrors were up except the one with the official sounding name. Then I put all five of the mirrors that were up in the mirror list using o conf, and tried again. Just let it run, and it finally seemed to take hold on the fifth mirror. Seemed like it kept dropping connections and changing mirrors on every download, but I just left it mostly to itself, and it loaded the CPAN bundle in about a half hour or so. Had to hit the enter key a couple of times to confirm on loading dependencies, but that was about it. I even got LWP and Crypt::SSLeay loaded before I went to bed.

Sorry I couldn't be more help...

It did the trick.

Kindest Regards,

--