On Dec 19, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Sherm Pendley wrote:

On Dec 19, 2005, at 3:29 PM, Ray Zimmerman wrote:
For a number of reasons I'm upgrading a bunch of things and would like to upgrade to perl-5.8.7 WITHOUT having to re-install all of the CPAN modules. What is the "best" way to do this?

If you do the interactive configuration, it asks at one point if you want to add directories to the module search path. You'll know it when you see it - it specifically mentions an upgrade scenario where you want to access previously-installed CPAN modules.

Ah, thanks ... should have thought of that ... I've been doing ./ Configure -de for so long I forgot what the interactive mode asks.

        Ray