On 2006–10–08, at 13:41, Gustavo Delfino wrote:

I have compiled a fresh copy of perl 5.8.8 (which defaults to no threads) and I still get the same "Bus error". So maybe this is not related to threads.

Thanks for putting in the effort to try. Too bad it had no effect. You should add a note about this finding to the bug report you submitted earlier.

So, if this is not related to threads, recompiling mysql with -with- thread-safe-client will probably not help. My next experiment will be using mysql 5 instead of 4.1

Good luck.
--
Dominic Dunlop