On 15/1/12 20:42, "Bruce Van Allen" <b...@cruzio.com> wrote:

> I've been developing in Perl on OS X ever since the OS X Public
> Beta. Somewhere along the line I came to believe that I should
> set up my system with the boot drive formatted as Max OS
> Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled).
>
> Emphasis here on "Case-sensitive".
>
> My question is: Is this practice (still) needed?

[snip]

Hi, Bruce.

I remember the LWP question well...

I've always formatted my OS X drives case-insensitive & never had a problem
'til about a week ago when I tried to install Mojolicious which failed
because the installer was looking for `Users` & found `users`. Brought up
the problem with the developer via a GitHub issue & he basically just said
it was case issue & there was nothing he could do about it (it installed
fine on both my Linux boxes).

So at a strike rate of just one fail strictly on case
sensistivity/insensitivity I think I'll stick with what I've got.

Cheers,

    Phil...

--
Some [people] feel that the best way to improve Perl would be to go
back in time and shoot the author before he wrote it.