The patch for this now adds private functions to lib.pm to make a directory
native (just returns the directory if ! Mac OS) and to return the various
arch/auto/version directories (which returns the same as it did before if !
Mac OS).  VMS can add to the nativize function, and later on we can make
the File::Spec code, now for Mac OS only, the default.

Also, in lib.t, it still pushes Unix paths onto @INC, but for Mac OS, it
checks for Mac paths in @INC, to make sure we are getting the proper Mac
path back.

I am still not convinced this is the right way to go, so it is good it is
Mac-only for now.  The other possible way would be to nativize the path for
*checking existence*, but then pushing the Unix-y path onto @INC, instead
of the native path.  The jury's out on this one so far.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/