At 5:15 PM -0500 2002/12/04, Chris Nandor wrote:
At 15:46 -0600 2002.12.04, Greenblatt & Seay wrote:
I currently have version 5.6.1r1 installed on my new iMac running OS
9.2.2. I double clicked the "MacPerl Web Installer" that I used to
download 5.6.1r1, clicked "Update" when presented with that option,
and in a 3 or 4  seconds got a dialog message that said "No
installation was necessary. The files to be installed are already on
your disk, or are not needed for your hardware setup...".
What was the exact procedure you used?

First, I selected what I wanted to install, then I clicked Continue, then I
got a screen with options Update, Cancel, Install.  I selected Update.

From there I was offered a list of sites.  I selected MacPerl Development
Site.  If you selected something different, then it is likely that the
mirror you selected does not yet have the new version.

I tried again last night (we have a dial-up connection) and this time I got through to the dialog that said it had obtained a list of the files that must be downloaded and that I must run the installer again. I did. After it downloaded a couple files it timed out and told me to try again later. I was successful after about 7 or 8 attempts. Each time it would download a few more files and then time out. I suppose I could have waited till a less busy time of the day.

Thanks again!!

David Seay
http://www.mastercall.com/g-s/