Hi,

Is there a way to stop certain variants from propagating to dependencies?

I'd like to use `depends_build-append port:doxygen` for +docs variants, but

- calling the variant +docs causes port:doxygen to install (or reinstalll!)
with +docs, which adds lots of dependencies, and big ones at that (TeX)
- if the target port is requested +universal this also causes doxygen to be
(re)installed with +universal, which again isn't necessary at all.

I see I can use depends_run-append port:doxygen as a workaround, but that's not
really a correct solution ...

Thanks,
René