Jack Howarth has noted on IRC that that Apple will not be releasing
a Command Line Tools package for Xcode 8 on El Capitan [*].

        There is no Command Line Tools (OS X 10.11) for Xcode
        8 package. Xcode 8 contains SDKs that are incompatible
        with earlier toolchains. Developers who want to make use
        of the Xcode 8 SDKs from the command line must choose
        the SDK with xcode-select. Developers on OS X El Capitan
        who have installed versions of the Command Line Tools
        (OS X 10.11) for Xcode 8 Beta should install Command
        Line Tools (OS X 10.11) for Xcode 7.3.1. (28234439)

Do we need to adjust our installation instructions to account for this?
The consequences of mixing the Xcode 7 CLT with Xcode 8 are not clear to
me; maybe it's not a problem at all.

[*]:
http://adcdownload.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Xcode_8.1_beta/Release_Notes_for_Xcode_8.1_beta.pdf

vq