On 2018-04-10 20:26, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2018, at 12:54, Rainer Müller wrote:
>> At some point we should make a cut and not add many changes in the last
>> minute...
> Well I can't force you to merge them.

I cannot stop you either... I am just afraid that by merging changes in
the last minute we are likely to introduce problems we did not think of
before. Not all changes in backported commits can be applied cleanly as
master and release-2.4 diverged, so they might need to be modified.

The decision whether to merge them or not would be by Joshua now, as he
is going to tag the release.

>> I do not want to delay 2.4.3 any longer to finally release the fix for
>> the broken trace mode on High Sierra.
> I don't want to release 2.4.3 with the libstdc++ ABI issue unanswered. I 
> believe it will cause problems.

Then we should revert this change for 2.4.3 and we have one more reason
to go for a 2.4.4 release.


Reply via email to