Dear MacPorts community,

I submitted a proposal this year for rewriting parts of MacPorts in Python.
The eventual goal is to rewrite all of MacPorts in Python to increase
modularity and make integration of other APIs with MacPorts easier.

I've attached my proposal. As for some edits that have already been
recommended to me for more measurable goals, by each evaluation I would
want to have rewritten an X amount of functions or functionality.

What I would request from the community is advice on which functions would
be the most valuable and useful and how to split them among the evaluation
periods. Some recommendations that I have received already include getting
information from the webapp to implement functionality that is not yet
available and also rewriting functions such as fetch, dependency
calculation, livecheck and install.

I'm currently working on integrating a small Python script which tells you
the latest successful build of a port with the Tcl source as a proof of
concept.

Thank you very much for your time,
Alex Ionkov