I've been working through the gnome dependency tree from the bottom up upgrading to 2.26 which is way over due. However, I think on going maintainership of gnome is more than a one man task. So I'm willing to be a co-maintainer if others will also participate. With regard to QA, a major problem with MacPorts is the lack of a separate port tree for ports under test. With something as far reaching as gnome or kde, when a major revision occurs, it would be better to work out all the kinks for the suite of ports in such a testing environment without inflicting it on the MacPorts user community at large. Then, the next step would be to establish a testing protocol and recruiting a group of testers who are willing to work with less than perfect ports.