On Mar 16, 2014, at 17:23, Christopher Jones wrote:

> Try -O0 instead of just -O. Not quite the same and the former worked for me…

But that can also make a huge difference on performance ... rather than
providing a gmic extension that's unbearably slow, just as well not provide it
at all ;)

Anyway, on #calligra someone just claimed he got about 1200MB peak memory usage
building gmic.cpp with Apple's clang-3.4 . If someone else can confirm that the
issue is rather moot (meaning I can continue to use g++ for just this file on
10.6 ... )