On 19/8/15 7:12 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
Hmm. Ok, I do see that the llvm-3.4 portfile does blacklist gcc 4.2 build 5577
and older (in other words, the versions of gcc 4.2 in Xcode 3.1.4 and earlier),
so you're right, that won't work here. However, I don't see that same blacklist
in the llvm-3.5 and llvm-3.6 portfiles. Did you get the same error for the
+llvm35
or +llvm36 variants, or a different error?
The list of dependencies is longer but always contains apple-gcc42. For +llvm35 it's
--->  Computing dependencies for cctools
---> Dependencies to be installed: llvm-3.5 clang-3.4 apple-gcc42 clang_select llvm-3.4 libcxx libcxxabi libmacho libunwind
--->  Fetching archive for apple-gcc42

and for +llvm36 it's
--->  Computing dependencies for cctools
---> Dependencies to be installed: llvm-3.6 clang-3.4 apple-gcc42 clang_select llvm-3.4 libcxx libcxxabi libmacho libunwind
--->  Fetching archive for apple-gcc42

so in any case, there is a sort of circular dependence if I tried to fix the apple-gcc42 problem with an upgrade of cctools +llvm.
Thomas