> On Sep 30, 2016, at 6:03 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 30, 2016, at 8:47 AM, Stanton Sanderson <stans...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Sep 30, 2016, at 5:17 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if this will resolve this problem you're experiencing, but
>>> forcing the activation was definitely not good, and you should undo that.
>>> First you need to know which port you force-activated, and which other
>>> port's files got moved out of the way as a result. I assume you
>>> force-activated kdepimlibs4, and that it moved gpgme's files out of the
>>> way. This problem in kdepimlibs4 was fixed in r153292 on Wednesday. I
>>> suggest you `sudo port -f deactivate kdepimlibs4 gpgme`, then `sudo port
>>> activate gpgme`; gpgme's files should now be back in the right place. Then
>>> `sudo port selfupdate`. Then try `sudo port upgrade kdelimpibs4`. If you
>>> had the old conflicting version of kdepimlibs4, it should now be upgraded
>>> to the nonconflicting version. If you already had the nonconflicting
>>> version, nothing will happen, in which case you should be able to run `sudo
>>> port activate kdepimlibs4` without receiving an activation failure. You can
>>> then upgrade any remaining outdated ports with `sudo port upgrade
>>> outdated`.
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestion. I followed the steps as suggested (using the
>> correct spelling for the upgrade step) but the process again failed at
>> rebuilding kmymoney4.
>
> Ok, but the activation conflict is resolved?
>
>> I activated gpgme @1.6.0_2 and kdepimlibs4 @4.14.3_3 (which are still
>> installed) and kmoney4 opened as before.
>>
>> I uninstalled gpgme @1.7.0_0 and kdepimlibs4 @4.14.3_4, then did a self
>> update and upgrade outdated. After the upgrades, kmymoney4 attempts to
>> upgrade and fails.
>
> Can you show us a transcript or log of the failure?

I am at a point where port outdated (after sudo port selfupdate and sudo port
upgrade) returns
The following installed ports are outdated:
        gpgme                          1.6.0_2 < 1.7.0_0
        kdepimlibs4                    4.14.3_3 < 4.14.3_4
 I don’t understand that.

 I’m cc’d on the ticket(s). Kmymoney4 is running with the active versions of
gpgme and kdepimlibs4. I have a second machine which I am not updating until
this is resolved.

I was hoping to install Sierra on one machine to ensure compatibility with
ported apps. I am aware of the instructions for doing so as presented on the
macports web site.

Thank you.

Stan