A question that came up due to another ticket:

last time I checked, github's issue tracker wasn't available for the ports
repo.
I presume that's on purpose, but why? Even if "we already have a bug tracker",
why would it make life harder and not easier at least for some things?

I must admit that while I like git's simpler features I have a very hard time
getting my head around the more advanced stuff and associated not-always-that-
intuitive-to-me terminology (or getting its details into my head). Working with
branches, rebasing, etc., I'd like to think it becomes second nature when you
do
it everyday, but that won't be the case for many if not most MacPorts users
(including me).

[lament]
Personally I have to look many things up every time, provided I even remember
or
know of their existence (or I simply forget steps and then find myself with a
commit I don't know how or cannot back out of).
[/lament]

R.