Problem with re-installing my ports after migration from El Capitan to Sierra
is SOLVED — at least with respect to installing gmp (upon which quite a few
other ports depend)!

That ‘__SWIFT_UNAVAILABLE_MSG” error, which ultimately points back to
Availability.h was the clue indeed: As a workaround some time ago for the bug
discussed in ticket #48471, I had edited a local copy of Availability.h and put
it into /opt/local/include.

Simply removing that local copy from /opt/local/include now allows installation
of gmp to proceed to completion. And more.

> On Nov 2, 2016, at 11:17 PM, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.web...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Murray, I note the error in your log looks somewhat like this error in trac:
>
> <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52776
> <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52776>>
>
> __SWIFT_UNAVAILABLE_MSG
> …
>
> Ken

---
Murray Eisenberg                        murrayeisenb...@gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101 Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667        Mobile (413)-427-5334