After the re-install script (from the migration instructions) got into an
infinite loop, I started to reinstall ports manually, starting with the first
one on my “myports.txt” list: analitza

The failure came when installing that failed during the automatic installation
of dependencies, in that case gmp.

Today, looking at the dependencies for gmp, I see that all build and library
dependencies for that are already installed _except_ kdelibs.

So I tried reinstalling kdelibs, and that in turn choked at trying to install
its dependency gmp.

So everything pretty much comes down to failure to configure gmp.

Configuring gmp (specifically, @6.1.1_0) fails with what appears in main.log as:

     :info:configure configure: error: C++ compiler not available, see
config.log for details

In turn, config.log reports:

     /usr/include/pthread.h:423:1: error: C++ requires a type specifier for all
declarations
   __SWIFT_UNAVAILABLE_MSG("Use lazily initialized globals instead”)

And that seems to reduce to the issue of the problem with
/usr/include/pthread.h, namely:

     /usr/include/pthread.h:423:1: error: C++ requires a type specifier for all
declarations
    __SWIFT_UNAVAILABLE_MSG("Use lazily initialized globals instead")
    ^
    /usr/include/pthread.h:423:66: error: expected ';' after top level
declarator
    __SWIFT_UNAVAILABLE_MSG("Use lazily initialized globals instead")
                                                                 ^
    2 errors generated.
    configure:10556: $? = 1
    failed program was:
    /* This test rejects g++ 2.7.2 which doesn't have <iostream>, only a
        pre-standard iostream.h. */
    #include <iostream>

I just was about to try to do that
> On Nov 2, 2016, at 11:46 PM, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.web...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> can you remind me the name of a port that triggers the error so I can test it
> (hopefully not clang-3.8 which would take all night to build ) ;>

---
Murray Eisenberg                        murrayeisenb...@gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101 Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667        Mobile (413)-427-5334