Ralph Seichter wrote:

> Have you tried using Sieve or your MUA's filter options to get rid of
> e-mails you personally don't consider of interest? Notifications are a

No, as I said I'd rather not. Filtering these notifications means filtering on
email content, and with the number of MUA's I'm using that'd have to be done on
the server.

Notifications stop being a boon if you're getting so many of them that are
pointless that you start deleting them as soon as they start coming in.

I'm going to be dropping this. There's clearly even less of a community spirit
here than I thought, so I'll just find alternative ways to make to with the
tools
at hand when I cannot get around using them.