> I'm going to be dropping this. There's clearly even less of a community
> spirit
> here than I thought, so I'll just find alternative ways to make to with the
> tools
> at hand when I cannot get around using them.

For what it’s worth, as an admin of other projects and reporter of bugs *I* do
appreciate notifications of all those changes. When I report or CC: me to a bug
I want to know what happens to the report and attached files.

I don’t quite see why you needed to add a snide remark about the MacPorts
community spirit. What is your problem? Not enough people caring about this
presumed problem or that the few people who responded don’t see it as a problem?
I don’t know where that entitlement attitude comes from and how one can get so
worked up over this.

Dom