On 10/03/2017 02:12 AM, Carlo Tambuatco wrote:

>> On Oct 2, 2017, at 2:24 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mo...@macports.org
>> <mailto:mo...@macports.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Some ports may be installed as build dependencies. Or some ports you
>> installed
>> now need different dependencies than they used to. Macports won't auto-notify
>> you when some dependencies are no longer needed, so ports may accumulate over
>> time.
>>

> Sounds like a feature request to me...

MacPorts 2.4.0 already introduced the 'sudo port reclaim' command, which will
identify and uninstall unrequested ports that have no requested dependents.

However, the common tasks section in the guide could need some documentation and
examples for the new port action. Contributions welcome!

https://guide.macports.org/#using.common-tasks

Rainer