On 2018-02-21 20:14, Jan Stary wrote:
> If I am reading https://guide.macports.org/chunked/reference.phases.html
> right, there is are no "fetch dependencies". Would it make sense
> to introduce fetch dependencies just like we have build dependencies
> and run dependencies, so that the affected ports could specify e.g. curl,
> and MP vuld use _that_ for those ports?

depends_fetch exists, but apparently is not documented in the guide.

However, there should not be individual workarounds in ports, as it is a
general problem. Sorry, but your system has become too old to
communicate with servers on the internet. You will experience the same
problem with more and more servers over time as they begin to require
TLS 1.2.

The best workaround would be distfile mirroring, as everyone would
benefit from that. Most mirrors are still accessible with no TLS or less
strict cipher requirements.

Rainer