On Feb 21, 2018, at 13:14, Jan Stary wrote:

> Would it make sense
> to introduce fetch dependencies just like we have build dependencies
> and run dependencies, so that the affected ports could specify e.g. curl,
> and MP vuld use _that_ for those ports?

As was mentioned, depends_fetch exists. There is usually no need for ports to
specify it since MacPorys base does so automatically based on fetch.type.

MacPorts fetches from ftp/http/https servers using the libcurl it was
configured and compiled with. No amount of changing the fetch dependencies will
change that. MacPorts base contains no code for using the curl *program*, only
for using the curl *library*, and it will always use the library it was
compiled with.