On Mon, 5 Mar 2018, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

Don't tell me that Perl 5.26 comes with a built-in time-bomb...

Add -I to CPPFLAGS. Perl < 5.26 did so automatically, but 5.26 no longer does.

Well, "-I." actually; thanks.

Hmmm... I wonder how that slipped past me? It must've got nobbled on my regular Monday morning "port upgrade outdated" routine, and I somehow missed the port note (the scrollback buffer got lost at the reboot, and of course I didn't "tee" it).

The module is indeed in "." until I'm happy to install (and perhaps distribute) it.

Thanks again; I was losing too much hair...