> On Apr 7, 2018, at 12:54 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Ouch, yes, my disastrous typo in the repository name, sorry. (The first time
> I tried, without using "sudo su -“, I had copied the “echo rsync” command
> directly from the https://www.openmodelica.org/download/download-mac
> <https://www.openmodelica.org/download/download-mac> instructions. But the
> second time, using "sudo su -“ I just typed the command, clearly a mistake.
>
> Now the sync with that repository has completed successfully, I’m watching
> the long installation process proceed.

there may be some hiccups in this software yet to be discovered

I note it tries to link to both -stdlib=libc++ and -stdlib=libstdc++ on the
link line, and that just can’t be good…

/usr/bin/clang++ -shared
-Wl,-rpath,'@loader_path/../lib/x86_64-darwin17.5.0/omc/' -install_name
@rpath/libomcruntime.dylib -o libomcruntime.dylib Error_omc.o Print_omc.o
ErrorMessage.o systemimplmisc.o System_omc.o Lapack_omc.o Settings_omc.o
UnitParserExt_omc.o unitparser.o IOStreamExt_omc.o Socket_omc.o ZeroMQ_omc.o
getMemorySize.o is_utf8.o ptolemyio_omc.o SimulationResults_omc.o
omc_communication.o omc_communication_impl.o Corba_omc.o -L

"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_build.openmodelica.org_macports_lang_openmodelica-devel/openmodelica-devel/work/openmodelica_1.13.0~dev-866-gb1271a6/build/lib/x86_64-darwin17.5.0/omc/"
 -lOpenModelicaRuntimeC -L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -arch
x86_64   -lomcgc -lm -lpthread  -lstdc++ -Wl,-undefined -Wl,dynamic_lookup
-llpsolve55 -lcolamd  -lzmq  -pipe -Os -stdlib=libc++ -arch x86_64
-stdlib=libstdc++ -std=c++11
clang: warning: libstdc++ is deprecated; move to libc++ [-Wdeprecated]
clang: warning: libstdc++ is deprecated; move to libc++ [-Wdeprecated]

Using any of the compiler variants provided is probably just wrong — if you
want /usr/bin/clang++ don’t use any of the them, it appears. The clang variant
gives you macports-clang-3.8.

Also, installing both gcc5 and gcc7 and libgcc6 and libgcc just seems nutty, so
I added gcc6 and gcc7 to the fortran variants — but that has nothing to do with
the above.

There are advantages to having your ports in the main repo, and having all of
us look them over.

Ken