Hi

Thank you. Unfortunately, the list is huge:

MrMuscle:~ mnewman$ port echo not installed and \( $(awk '{print $1}'
myports.txt) \) | wc -l
      218

And includes things like curl, wget, gzip and others.

Makes me thing something went seriously wrong with restore_ports.tcl.

Personally, I never use the full ports list to attempt to restore the whole thing. It lists *every* port installed, most of which will be dependencies to those you actually requested, and these can change between OS X versions. The other issue are the variants required are not always the same across OSX versions. So attempting to restore the exact same list of ports can cause problems.

Do you create the requested list ? This is much shorter as it lists only the ports your actively requested, not dependencies etc. My recommendation is to go through this list, and just use it to identify, by hand those you wish to reinstall. Then, reinstall these using whatever the new default variants (plus whatever options you want) are.

Chris