On Oct 23, 2018, at 04:14, Michael Newman wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2018, at 15:31, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> Makes me thing something went seriously wrong with restore_ports.tcl.
>>
>> Ok, pick one, try to install it, see what happens. If it fails, show us what
>> the error was.
>
> Every one I’ve picked so far has installed without any errors.
>
> But, I just picked a few that I recognize. I have no idea what most of the
> stuff on the list actually is. When I see something like this:
>
> py26-cython
> py26-nose
> py26-numpy
> py26-setuptools
> py27-beaker
> py27-cairo
>
> I’m totally ignorant.
>
> Bottom line? There’s just no way for me to know what I actually need to
> install. I suspect that stuff will fail and tell me why and I’ll install
> what’s needed to make it work again.
>
> Thanks again for your time.

Were any of the ports in myports.txt, by chance, installed with the +universal
variant? If so, you'll have to install them without the +universal variant on
Mojave and later.

Other than that, if you don't know what a port is for, don't install it.
Install the ports you want to use and let MacPorts figure out what dependencies
are needed.