Hi,

First things first. Do you really need GCC ? The primary compilers in macOS are now based on clang, and I recommend you use these instead of GCC for a number of reasons. To have access to these you need to make sure you have Xcode etc. installed. see

https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.html#installing.xcode

For details related to using these compilers with MacPorts.

Chris