Hi,

Personally, I think this is anyway a better approach. I never follow the
migration instructions word for word. I create the lists of all ports and
requested ports, but instead of just blindly reinstalling them all, I manually
reinstall those I want via the requested list. It is usually not that long a
list. The reason I do this is default variants and deps can and do change over
time, and can be different for different OS versions. So just blindly
reinstalling them as as per the old OS often just does not work.

So, yes, I recommend you just manually reinstall them one by want, using the
default variants as of now, unless there are some explicit changes you need.

Chris