The mail-server Portfile has this in it:

# Network configuration
# hard-coded examples
set host                host
set domain              domain
set tld                 tld
set fullhost            ${host}.${domain}.${tld}
set domaintld           ${domain}.${tld}
set HOST                [string toupper ${host}]
set DOMAIN              [string toupper ${domain}]
set TLD                 [string toupper ${tld}]
set FULLHOST            [string toupper ${fullhost}]
set DOMAINTLD           [string toupper ${domaintld}]
set relayhost           mymailrelay.tld

Now,  obviously, my system isn’t called host.domain.tld or the relayhost
mymailrelay.tld.

Is there a way I can influence these variables from the ‘outside’, so by using
envrionment variables or by providing them in some way with the 'port install’
command?

Gerben Wierda
Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <http://enterprisechess.com/>
Mastering ArchiMate <http://masteringarchimate.com/>