I have been using g95 for my fortran codes for many years, but it did not work
anymore after upgrading to macOS 10.14 Mojave. I was advised to install gccc9
from MacPorts instead. This I did through "sudo port selfupdate" and "sudo port
install gcc9".

This appeared to give all the required tools. When I then tried to compile and
execute the simplest fortran  program test.f (the usual just writing of the
message "Hello") by first compiling

/opt/local/bin/gfortran-mp-9 -v -c test.f

giving the required object file test.o, and then loading:

/opt/local/bin/ld -v test.o

this resulted in the messages

@(#)PROGRAM:ld PROJECT:ld64-512.4

BUILD 05:06:53 Aug 16 2019

configured to support archs: armv6 armv7 armv7s arm64 arm64e arm64_32 i386
x86_64 x86_64h armv6m armv7k armv7m armv7em

Library search paths:

          /usr/lib

Framework search paths:

          /Library/Frameworks/

          /System/Library/Frameworks/

 "__gfortran_set_args", referenced from:

      _main in test.o

 "__gfortran_set_options", referenced from:

      _main in test.o

 "__gfortran_st_write", referenced from:

      _MAIN__ in test.o

 "__gfortran_st_write_done", referenced from:

      _MAIN__ in test.o

I thought installation of gcc9 would include everything. How should I fix this??

Hans