But at https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration, step 2 if the migration
procedure is "Reinstall MacPorts base system. To reinstall, simply install the
base MacPorts system for your new platform." But the link on the latter is to
https://www.macports.org/install.php, and at that page the newest macOS version
shown is Ventura.

Hence my question.

I certainly do not want to rebuild MacPorts from source.

> On Sep 26, 2023, at 4:33 PM, Chris Jones <jon...@hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The installers are just there for convenience, they are not a necessity for
> using MacPorts on any given OS, as you can also just follow the install from
> source instructions to install and use macports on any OS. These work, for
> the most part, on any OS release, including the early beta versions. I for
> one always using the route installing form git as I prefer to follow base
> development more closely.
>
> Chris
>
>> On 26 Sep 2023, at 9:24 pm, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenb...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> What is the status of MacPorts support for the just-released macOS Sonoma
>> (14.0)?
>>
>> The  latest MacPorts installer listed at
>> https://www.macports.org/install.php is for Ventura (13.x).
>>
>> ---
>> Murray Eisenberg             murrayeisenb...@gmail.com
>> Mobile (413)-427-5334