Hi Greg, well you answered your own question.  :-)  Anything Mac-
related is certainly on topic.

   I'm sure sorry you feel like this is 'wrath' but I've gotten *many*
requests / complaints from list members whom pay for bandwidth, or
have limited time in which to read list mail, but whom would really
like to stay on the list for it's informational value.  However, a lot
of the more 'chatty' messages really get in the way for them.

   So far these people constitute the majority of whom I'm hearing
from, so I need to take that as the general list consensus.

   This is, afterall, your list.  If you all said Cara, I want a chat
list, then that's what this would be, and I'd never even consider
posting the kind of thing I did earlier.  -But that's not what you're
saying to me.  the list is saying that there is too much traffic that
isn't relevant, so that's what I'm trying to address as list
moderator.  Does this make sense?…

   So, since this is currently the case, when someone deliberately
posts something that they, themselves have even labeled as 'Off
Topic,' considering that I've posted very nice / polite requests
numerous times, I then feel that a post like my earlier one is
warranted.  I most certainly don't want to ban anyone nor do I want
this list to become a tyrannical place which no one enjoys.  :-)
what's the fun in that?

   However, if I keep asking nicely yet people keep feeling that it
doesn't apply to them and go on posting notes they're kindly asked not
to, then I'm not left with much choice in the matter, yes?…

   In order for this list to work well together, we need to have at
least some respect for eachother and awareness that not everyone has
the same access to plentiful internet time, nor do we all have the
same sorts of leisurely schedules in which to lazily read vast amounts
of email.  So since we're all different, we just need to find a good
consensus we can come to, that's all…

   Now, you do raise a really good point in the sense of asking
exactly what and what is not on-topic, since I'm planning to edit the
Welcome message if needed, so I'll try to be as clear as I can.  I
certainly don't want there to be any ambiguity and I certainly don't
want anyone to feel they need to worry about what they're posting.

   Anyway, I hope this helps answer the question, and I wish you /
yours a lovely evening!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)
---