<smile>  Are you guys *trying* to make my life difficult?  lol!

   The vote on this already happened last week and everyone was told
about it in advance.  the results came in and I posted them.

   So please, can we simply get back to the topics at hand?…

   I'm posting this to the list now as it seems many people are not
understanding a certain aspect of this issue.  So I'll explain here…

   Quite simply, some listers are paying dynamically for bandwidth
they use.  So, the amount of time it takes them to download email
(yes, even including this one) is important.  So, if they find that
their inbox is then riddled with non-informational posts, no amount of
pressing their delete key will get their money back.

   Not everyone is as fortunate to have basically free-flowing
internet access at their disposal.

   so do we really want to simply not care about those listers whom
would really like to stay on the list for its informational value,
when all it would take on our parts, to ease this situation is simply
to take just a second before sending a message to decide whether it's
truly necessary / on-topic for the list?…  This is all I'm asking here…

   some people also have time constraints.  Do we want to not care
about them as well, when all it would take, on our part, as above, is
simply a second or two to decide if something is really of value for
others to take time reading?…

   NOw we obviously don't have to care about these people, afterall,
you don't really even know them, and so their concerns or issues
aren't going to matter to you in your daily lives, and this is
afterall, only a mailing list, but is that the kind of people we
really are?…  I honestly don't think so.  I'm sure this is easy enough
for us to manage.  This doesn't need to be an issue?…  -Yes?…

   We are only a mailing list, -not an 'us and them' situation.  We
are one group of people, so it would benefit us in this situation, to
think like that.  <smile>  It's really simple, and doesn't need to be
a huge deal!…

   Okay, enough from me for now…

   Please feel free to post to me privately with any more on this if
you all would be so kind?…

   Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!…

smiles,

Cara  :)
---
View my Online Portfolio at: