On Jun 9, 2009, at 5:56 AM, ben mustill-rose wrote:
> Assuming of course that the developer wants to. Essentially, you'll
> end up with the exact same situation you have on every other platform
> where a screenreader exists, its going to be down to the developers to
> make there applications accessable.
> To be honest, using a touch screen is nice, knowing where abouts
> things are on the screen is nice, but it'll be the developers of the
> third party apps that will diside if the i phone has a strong
> following in the blind communitty or not.

You have a point, but the iPhone has a much better shot at it than
anything else out there, given how closely it is tied to Mac OS X.
iPhone developers are, by and large, Mac developers. Mac developers
have been very responsive to accessibility issues, more so than any
other mainstream platform.

I suspect we're going to see very similar, if not nearly exactly the
same, level of access on the iPhone as we see on the Mac, and I expect
that to come much more quickly on the iPhone.

Josh de Lioncourt
        …my other mail provider is an owl…

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lioncourt
Music: http://stage19music.com