Hi,

I bet it  may just be the full install disk of Snow Leopard when you
buy the upgrade.  What you are forgetting is that this is an Intel
only version of the OS, so the number of Intel only Macs that shipped
with Tiger compared to Leopard is relatively small.  Not to mention
those owners who already upgraded to Leopard reduce that number even
more.  I'm just speculating, but most people who have a mac that can
run Snow Leopard, already have Leopard by definition.

Time will tell.

--Scott