Hi,

The difference is about $400 da dump da [drum sound effect].

I would not recommend the air to any user who uses it as their
primary computer.  The air is a fantastic piece of engineering, but
it lacks a lot of key features that most people would want on a
computer.  Specifically, it's ports are limited to a single USB port,
it has no hard wired ethernet port, no optical drive.  It's also
underpowered and the HD is small.  In my opinion, the new Apple 13"
MacBook is the best bang for the buck Mac out there.

So, unless you want an extremely light, portable laptop, I'd avoid
the air.  The MacBook is less expensive and more powerful.  The only
disadvantage is it's weight, and even that's  not that bad relative
to the air.

--Scott

--
--Scott