One of the things I have always had trouble with is sorting things
alphabetically.  In textedit there was no way to do it and it was clunky at
best with pages.
I stumbled across this services app called "word Service" which will install
some additional services in textedit and others, one of which is sort
alphabetically by line a feature that I always use to keep my books list sorted
properly.
I just now checked to see if it would work in pages and it did.
If anybody is interested you can google word service or I can give you a url
once I find it again.
JG