Hi,

For expediency purposes, I wouldn’t worry about re-mapping partitions etc.,
you’re just going to wipe the drive and re-partition anyway.  Regarding
grabbing those files, if you startup from your thumb drive, then go under it’s
Apple menu to Startup Disk, you should be able to select the 10.9.3 beta
partition as your startup disk.  if things are OK in that area of the HD.  Once
you’ve started with that version of the OS, you could quickly get the files you
want and place them onto whatever media you want.  You could then go ahead and
do the total wipe/re-partition and re-install from your 10.9.3 thumb drive.
It’s best to do it from there since it needs to be done from a external source
in order to completely reformat the drive.

If you’re unable to startup from your beta partition, then the drive is in
fairly rough shape and you’d either need to use Terminal commands to grab those
files or just give up on them.

HTH.

Later…

Tim Kilburn