Hi all, I'm hoping for some help.  I am not understanding the small details of
my wifi network.  Let me try to explain things.

I live in a 2 story townhouse, the comcast motem & apple airport extreme are in
the bedroom directly above the living room.  Where we spend most of our time &
use our wifi devices.  The living room is where the Chrome Cast is plugged into
the TV.

Lately, it seems the Chrome Cast is messing with the wifi network.  Our iPhones
etc. only see the Chrome Cast as a wifi option to connect to.  Our home & guest
networks won't show up, & the Chrome Cast isn't really a connection, there is
no wifi.  The handful of times this occurred, I could unplug the motem &
Airport Extreme then plug them back in, everything would work normally again.
The last time this happened, I had to hard reset the Apple Extreme & create new
networks.  For now, the Chrome Cast is disconnected.

I googled this issue and it seems several folks are dealing with it.  Here is a
link to 1 of the forums I found.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-chromecast/303760-chromecast-causing-wifi-issues.html

Oy, some of the troubleshooting suggestions they offer are quite confusing &
complicated.  :)

One thing that was mentioned was the wifi signal may be weak where the Chrome
Cast is hooked up.  So this lead me to wonder, is there a way I can test our
wifi strength throughout the house?  I've been considering buying an airport
express, which might be a good idea to extend & strengthen the network.

What is your guy's advice?  We had the Chrome Cast device for Months before
this issue popped up.

As a side note, I briefly owned the Apple TV just recently & didn't like it as
much.  Lol, now we joke that the returned Apple TV is laughing at us.

My apologies for the long post, but I wanted to try to explain things well.

Thank you,
Traci